IKU International Karate Union
WITH THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT, WE COMPLY WITH OUR STATUTORY DUTY TO INFORM AND INFORM YOU ABOUT THE STORAGE OF DATA, THE TYPE OF DATA, THEIR PURPOSE AND OUR IDENTITY. WE ALSO NOTIFY YOU OF THE INITIAL REGISTRATION AND THE TYPE OF DATA SUBMITTED.
I. Processor and Contact Details
The IKU International Karate Union (hereinafter “IKU”) is the responsible party for the processing of personal data collected through your use of our website https://my.internationalkarateunion.org/ (hereinafter “WEBSITE”) as per the applicable data protection laws, in particular the Swiss Data Protection Act (DPA) and – if applicable to your personal data – the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We have our registered domicile at Ligorneto, Mendrisio, Switzerland, Via Colombara no. 3, Postal Code 6853. For any queries regarding your personal data, please contact us at the following address: email@example.com
II. How we process your personal data
We only process your personal data if this is necessary to provide a functional website or to provide you with our contents and services. The processing of personal data only takes place based on the appropriate legal basis and as permitted by law.
2. Legal Basis for Processing under GDPR
Insofar as we are required to obtain the consent of the data subject for the processing of personal data, we will obtain your prior consent and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing of the corresponding data.
If the processing of personal data required for the performance of a service to which you are a party, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary to carry services, partecipations in event and competitions.
Insofar as the processing of personal data is required to fulfil a legal obligation to which IKU is subject, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR serves as the legal basis.
If processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of IKU or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDRP serves as the legal basis.
3. Duration of Processing
We only store your personal data for as long as necessary to serve the purpose of the processing and we delete personal data or block access to it as soon as such purpose ceases to apply.
Furthermore, personal data may be stored if this has been provided for by the applicable law (for example for inscriptions for competions or mandatory archiving purposes). The data will also be blocked or deleted if a storage period prescribed by the applicable law expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract.
4. Data Security
We store personal data on servers located in EU. We take all necessary technical and organizational security measures to store your personal data so that it is not accessible to third parties or the public. If you would like to contact us by e-mail, we would like to point out that the confidentiality of the transmitted information can not be completely guaranteed with this communication method. We therefore recommend that you send us confidential information only by telephone or by post. For e-mail communication, we recommend the best possible encryption of your outbox via SSL technology. For more information, please contact your e-mail service provider.
III. WEBSITE Access and Logfiles
1. Automated Data Processing
Every time you visit the WEBSITE, our system automatically collects data and information about the computer system you used to access to WEBSITE.
The following data is collected:
- Browser information (type and version)
- Your IP address
- Date and time of access
The data is stored in the log files of our system. This data is not stored together with your other personal data.
For data processing subject to GDPR, the legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
2. Account registration
In order to perform services and core functionalities of IKU in the WEBSITE, the IKU member have to be registered creating a user account.
The following data is collected:
- Organization Name
- Organization Address
- Email address
- Phone / Cellular
- President/Legal reference name, email and phone
The data is stored in database archive. In addition, the data serves us to personalize the WEBSITE functionalities, ensure the security of our information technology systems and restrict the access to your data.
3. Cookies, tracking and technologies relating to the use of WEBSITE
In addition, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your end device for a specified period of time to optimize user-friendliness. If you visit our site again to use our services, it will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and what entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
Within the scope of the GDPR, the data processed by cookies for the aforementioned purposes is justified in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies can lead to the fact that you cannot use all functions of WEBSITE.
We never use plugins from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn or Instagram on WEBSITE.
4. Purpose of Processing
The data is stored in database archive and log files to ensure the functionality of the WEBSITE. In addition, the data serves us to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. An evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context.
For data processing subject to GDPR, these purposes are our legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
5. Duration of Processing
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. In the case of the collection of data for the provision of WEBSITE, this is the case when the respective session has ended. Further storage is possible. In this case, the IP addresses of the users are deleted or anonymized.
6. No Objection
The collection of data for the provision of WEBSITE and the storage of data in log files is absolutely necessary for the operation of WEBSITE. Consequently, there is no possibility of objection on your part.
IV. Your Rights
You have the following rights under the applicable data protection laws:
1. Right of Information
You can request us to confirm whether personal data concerning you is being processed by us. If such processing has taken place, you can request the following information from us:
- The purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- The categories of personal data being processed;
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been or are still being disclosed;
- The planned duration of the storage of the personal data concerning you or, if specific information on this is not possible, criteria for determining the storage period;
- The existence of a right to rectification or deletion of personal data concerning you, a right to limitation of processing by the controller or a right to object to such processing;
- The existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
- any available information on the origin of the data if the personal data are not collected from the data subject;
- If the processing is subject to GDPR, the existence of automated decision-making including profiling in accordance with Art. 22 para. 1 and 4 GDPR and – at least in these cases – meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing for the data subject.
- You have the right to request information as to whether the personal data concerning you is transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. In this context, you may request to be informed of the appropriate guarantees in connection with the transmission.
2. Right to Rectification
You have a right of rectification and/or completion if the personal data processed concerning you are incorrect or incomplete. We shall make the correction without delay.
3. Right of Restriction
Under the following conditions, you may request that the processing of your personal data be restricted:
- If you dispute the accuracy of the personal data concerning you for a period that enables us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is unlawful and you refuse to delete the personal data and instead request that the use of the personal data be restricted;
- We no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you do need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- If you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR and it has not yet been determined whether the legitimate reasons of the person responsible outweigh your reasons.
- If the processing of personal data concerning you has been restricted, such data may only be processed – apart from being stored – with your consent or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending rights or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or on grounds of an important public interest.
4. Right to Deletion
a) Obligation to Delete Personal Data
You may request us to delete the personal data relating to you without delay and we are obliged to delete this data without delay if one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data concerning you are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You revoke your consent, on which the processing was based pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a GDPR, and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- You file an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing, or you file an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 2 GDPR.
- The personal data concerning you have been processed unlawfully.
- The deletion of personal data relating to you is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- The personal data concerning you were collected in relation to information society services offered pursuant to Art. 8 para. 1 GDPR.
If we have made your personal data public and are obliged to delete it pursuant to Art. 17 para. 1 GDPR, we shall take appropriate measures, including technical measures, taking into account the available technology and the implementation costs, to inform those responsible for data processing who process the personal data that you as the data subject have requested the deletion of all links to this personal data or of copies or replications of this personal data.
The right to deletion does not exist insofar as the processing is necessary:
- to exercise freedom of expression and information;
- for the performance of a legal obligation required for processing under the applicable law or for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority conferred on the controller;
- for reasons of public interest in the field of public health pursuant to Art. 9 para. 2 lit. h and i and Art. 9 para. 3 GDPR;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes pursuant to Art. 89 para. 1 GDPR, insofar as the right mentioned under a) is likely to make it impossible or seriously impair the attainment of the objectives of such processing;
- to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
5. Right to Notification
If you have exercised your right to have us correct, delete or limit the processing, we are obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this correction or deletion of the data or restriction on processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
6. Data Portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format.
7. Right to Objection
You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data based on Article 6 para 1 lit. e or f GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
In such case we shall no longer process the personal data concerning you, unless we can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing, which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
8. Right to Withdraw Consent
You have the right to revoke your declaration of consent at any time. The revocation of consent shall not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation.
9. Right of Appeal to Supervisory Authority